The world has become a global village: never before has it been so easy to connect, communicate, work and study with others from all over the world.
Chances are that you are already working in a multi-cultural environment. Often, a team of individuals sharing the same profession or the same goals are expected to efficiently work together. The importance and impact of intercultural challenges are likely to get overlooked.
Cross-cultural competency has been named among the 10 most important skills for the future workforce. It is the key enabling factor of working in diverse teams.
While personal values and personality make us unique, we are also influenced by universal values and cultural values.
The capability to communicate effectively, efficiently and cross-culturally is highly important and cannot be underestimated.
How can you develop cross-cultural skills?
- Self-awareness. Understand the cultural history and values that have had an influence on the way you communicate, work, lead. Understanding yourself is the first step towards understanding others.
- Acknowledge. Recognise misunderstandings based on cultural differences.
- Learn. Discover which cultural dimensions impact different world geographies and how to recognise the signs of cultural differences.
- Experience. Practice how to communicate verbally and non-verbally, and work effectively with colleagues from other cultures.
How I can help you?
Through formal trainings, personal and professional experience and my coaching work, I am equipped to support you in your journey of building cross-cultural skills and raising your cultural intelligence.
My programs are highly personalised, meaning that we will either work 1 to 1, with your team, or with your family.
My programs always include:
- A dimension of self-reflection through coaching in order to develop your self-awareness.
- A general understanding of cultural values with a focus on the cultures that represent your team’s current diversity or country of expatriation.
- Interactive exercises: role-plays, creative activities, perspective-taking exercises, assessments that are then debriefed together.
- Practical tools you can use on your own
- Action plan
Leading Cross Cultural Teams In The Work Place
This program is for you if you manage a multicultural team, wherever you and your team are based. You will get insights and practical tools into how multicultural team members work differently, communicate effectively and and improve synergies among the team members.
- What is cultural diversity
- The cross cultural perspective
- Understanding how culture influences us
- Cultural values
- Multicultural teams: opportunities, challenges and framework for effectiveness
- Global virtual teams: opportunities, challenges and framework for effectiveness
- Leadership in different cultures
Crossing Cultures With Competences
This program is for you if you are moving overseas for a work assignment and you want to manage your cultural transition successfully.
- Host country* overview to understand daily life and social issues
- Understanding how culture influences us and others
- Designing a plan to manage culture shock for your family.
- Defining what a successful overseas / expat experience looks like for you and your family.
- Creating milestones and goals for you and your family.
*This program is personalised with your host country (aka the country you are moving to) in mind.
Going Home Again
Often overlooked, coming back home after a long time spent abroad can lead to a reverse culture shock. You have grown in different ways than those who have stayed put.
This program is a coaching program for your
- Understanding how your overseas / expat experience may have impacted your identity
- Designing a personalised plan to adjust back in your home country
My cross-cultural programs include a training element as well as a coaching element. This means that you get the opportunity to reflect on the practical tools you learn and really make them work in a way that is relevant to you and what you do. My Crossing Cultures With Competencies and Coming Back Home programs are available to you and your family. Meaning that they also get the support of a certified coach to support them in this life transition.